Once part of the 8th Area Fire District established in 1942, Branciforte Fire split off from Scotts Valley Fire to form the Branciforte Fire Protection District in 1950. They built a small 14’ by 26’ station to house the first engine, a 1939 GMC truck equipped with 450 gallons of water, 200 ft of inch hose, 750 ft of inch and a half hose, and a 500GPM pump.
Then Fire Chief Gino Delucchi and his wife Jennie donated land to the department in 1965 to build the now existing station. A training room was added onto the station in 1997.
The department grew from an all volunteer department to having 3 paid, full time captains, a part time chief, and an administrative position.
Throughout the years the department has purchased and received grants for the apparatus and tools they have today.
Currently they are in the process of completing another apparatus bay and living quarters.